Polyelectrolytes chemicals have assorted applications. These assist in modifying flow as well as stability properties of several watery solutions and gels. In addition, these can destabilize the colloidal suspension as well as start the flocculation (precipitation). The chemicals can also impart a surface charge to several neutral particles, enabling them to be isolated in aqueous solution. Polyelectrolytes chemicals ca be used as the thickeners, clarifying agents, emulsifiers, drag reducers and conditioners. Moreover, these are apt for water treatment as well as oil recovery. Soaps, shampoos and several cosmetics items are included with polyelectrolytes.
What are physical properties of Polyelectrolyte Chemical ?
- High water solubility
- Ability to bind large quantities of water, and others.
What is its melting temperature?
What is their role in different applications?
- Flocculation agents in water treatment.
- Dispersant agents in ceramic slurries
- Super-plasticizers in concrete mixtures
What are the storage instructions?
- The chemicals must be stored at a dry place, where heat and sunlight are not reachable.